Our Agile Scrum Foundation course is an introduction to the best-known and most widely used agile frameworks, concepts, techniques and behaviors.
This course is aimed at:
- Giving delegates an understanding of Agile basics
- Explaining delegates the most widely used agile framework - Scrum
- Introducing delegates into agile techniques for planning, estimation and shared understanding (MoSCoW prioritization, timeboxing etc.)
Who Is This Course For And What Are Its Benefits?
This course is suitable for Project, Program & Product Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leaders, Designers, Programmers (Developers), Testers and anybody else who:
- Is interested in the Agile way of working
- Wishes to understand what Agile is and how it works
- Wants to manage product delivery effectively and efficiently
- Wants to deliver products quickly and on time
- Wants to create a transparent product delivery environment
- Wants to protect the level of quality
- Wants to gain a sound basis for one of the following Agile certifications:
- EXIN® Agile Scrum Foundation, which you can buy together with the course for a discounted price
- EXIN Agile Scrum Master - ASM (after taking an accredited ASM course)
- PMI-ACP - Agile Certified Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner from AXELOS (after passing the PRINCE2 Foundation)
- CSM/ CSPO/ PSD from the ScrumAlliance
- PSM I/ PSPO I/ PSD I from Scrum.org
- APMG AgilePM Foundation
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Agile
- ICAgile Certified Professional
Agile Scrum Foundation is a 2 day classroom course, delivered by our experienced trainers.
The course can be delivered in English, German, Czech or Slovak.
1. Agile Introduction
- What is Agile - definition, mindset, Agile Manifesto
- Why Agile
- Use of Agile
2. Scrum - The Most Widely Used Agile Framework
- Definition and theory of Scrum
- The Scrum Team - Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team
- Scrum events - Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- Scrum artifacts - Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment
- Definition of "Done"
3. Techniques of Shared Understanding
- Information radiators
- Burn charts - burndown, burnup
- Kanban Board
4. Planning and Estimation Techniques
- Progressive plannig (e.g. product - release - sprint)
- MoCSoW prioritization
- Relative estimation - story points
- Wideband Delphi/ Planning poker
Our Agile Scrum Foundation course delegates receive:
- Pre-course instructions
- Our full colour Agile Scrum Foundation Event Manual
- An electronic version of official "Scrum Bible" - The Scrum Guide from Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, the "godfathers" of Scrum
- On demand e-mail support from the moment they order the course
- Certificate of Completion, which can be used e.g. to claim PDUs (Professional Development Units)
- Upon request also a mapping of the course content to requirements (syllabi) of select Agile certifications
Doing the recommended pre-course preparation:
- Makes it easier for you to understand the subject matter during the course
- Reduces the time required for the course, so you will spend less time out of office
- Allows you to make use of our quality guarantee.
It is expected from the participants that they spend ca. 3 hours on pre-course preparation according to our instructions.
Our Bratislava and Prague public courses are held at our modern training centers with easy transport accessibility, public transport links and barrier-free access. We offer our students free parking, wired internet access, coffee breaks and lunches at a local restaurant included in the course fee. To students, who arrive early in the morning, we offer light breakfast for free.
For more information about our trainig venues please click here.
Open, semi-open & in-company courses
We run our courses as open, semi-open and in-company. If you are interested in a tailor-made in-company Agile Foundation offer, please contact us.
Please see our Public Training Courses Calendar & Prices for our upcoming Agile Foundation courses & their pricing.
If you require in-house training, please contact us.
Agile Scrum Foundation Course + EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation Exam Special Offer:
If you book the Agile Foundation course and the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam with us together, the total price for both is from 600 € per person.
This our special offer includes:
- The complete Agile Scrum Foundation Course
- The official EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam guide
- The official literature for the exam - the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation Workbook
- One official EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation sample paper
- the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation certification exam (1attempt)
All listed prices are exclusive of VAT, which is applied and charged in line with relevant legal regulations. Our terms & conditions apply.
If you adhere to all trainer's instructions, participate in the whole course and want to resfresh your knowledge after some time, you can repeat the course with us once more for free within 3 years from its completion.
Best Price Guarantee:
Our Course Date Guarantee
We value both the time and money of our customers. We therefore guarantee you that if you make a binding course booking with us and pay your participant fee on time, we will not cancel the given training due to lack of participants or any other subjective reasons.
Since the company establishment we have not cancelled a single course with delegates booked onto it.
Training Course Calendar
The schedule of all our public training courses is avaliable under Public Training Courses Calendar & Prices.
How to book a course?
Please fill in our order form or contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com
or call one of our offices:
Continental Europe office: +420 605 404 569
UK office: +44-20-719 30 180